Founded in 1969, Interport leads the container industry by creating lasting value and satisfaction. We operate a full-service depot and dedicated modification facility on 50 acres adjacent to the Port of NY and NJ, where we proudly employ and empower a diverse team of exceptional individuals committed to providing our customers superior products, services, and solutions.
We’re looking for a full-time, quality-focused team player to work as a Welder in Interport’s dedicated container modification facility. The Welder will be responsible for performing welding work in the fabrication, framing, and finishing of containers modified per technical drawings to meet customer specifications as directed by the Modification Shop Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Cut and weld metal to make and modify steel containers, using tools such as a plasma cutter, welder, torch, chop saw grinder, and other power tools
- Perform quality work, individually and as a team member, with and without direct supervision
- Make economical use of tools, materials, parts, and supplies in the Modification Shop and Paint Booth
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Participate in and adhere to Interport’s safety and compliance programs
- Perform other duties from time to time, as required
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) credential
- Minimum two years’ experience in container modification, metalworking, or equivalent field
- Demonstrated ability to work with steel, including cutting, burning, welding, and plasma cutting
- Availability to work weekdays between the hours of 7:00am and midnight, on either a morning or afternoon shift (7:00am-3:30pm or 3:30pm-midnight), with occasional overtime hours including weekends
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and sit, stand, or walk for extended periods
- Ability to commute to Interport’s location in Newark NJ, with driving privileges in good standing
Employment is subject to the completion of due-diligence inquiries, including a background check and a pre-employment medical examination incorporating a drug and alcohol screen, which will take place after a conditional offer is made..
New Jersey law prohibits employers from considering the criminal records of applicants for employment under certain circumstances.
- Construction skills including carpentry and basic wiring
- Ability to read and understand basic technical drawings
- Fluency in English and Spanish languages
- A base hourly wage commensurate with your qualifications, paid weekly
- Participation in our 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Performance-based variable compensation and a discretionary bonus program
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid Time Off (vacation/sick time) and holiday pay
- Training and development and career growth opportunities
- A focus on quality
- A positive attitude
- A team-oriented work ethic
- Good time management skills
INTERESTED in joining our team?
Submit your resume to: email@example.com.
Providing “equal employment opportunity” is one of Interport’s most important personnel policies. Our goal is to do all that we realistically can to provide genuine equal employment opportunity, in every sense of the term, to applicants and employees in all phases of our operation.