Come work for a growing company with a brand-new container modification facility!
Founded in 1969, Interport leads the container industry by creating lasting value and satisfaction. We operate a full-service depot and dedicated modification facility on 50 acres adjacent to the Port of NY and NJ, where we proudly employ and empower a diverse team of exceptional individuals committed to providing our customers superior products, services, and solutions.
We’re looking for an energetic and collaborative, hands-on individual with strong critical thinking and people skills to join our team as a Modification Shop Supervisor. The Modification Shop Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Modification Shop staff and for performing duties in all areas of the Modification Shop under the direction of the Modification Shop Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the Modification Shop Mechanics, Painter and Shop Assistant including their scheduling and timekeeping
- Produce Modification Shop work, including Spray Paint Booth work and facility maintenance as needed
- Perform duties in all functions of Interport’s Modification Shop as directed by the Manager
- Perform quality control on all Modification Shop work
- Adhere to Interport’s policies and procedures
- Participate in and adhere to Interport’s safety and compliance programs
- Safely operate lift equipment working in and around the Modification Shop and Spray Paint Booth
- Make economical use of tools, materials, parts, and supplies in the Modification Shop and Spray Paint Booth
- Procure and track tools, materials, parts, and supplies utilized by the Modification Shop and Spray Paint Booth
- Liaise with Depot staff responsible for equipment control and customer service
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum five years of experience in container modification, metalworking, or equivalent field
- Minimum of two years supervising a team of diverse staff in a production or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with steel, including cutting, burning, welding, and plasma cutting
- Construction skills including carpentry and basic wiring
- Ability to read and understand detailed technical drawings
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and sit, stand, or walk for extended periods at a time
- Ability to work in Interport’s Spray Paint Booth, including wearing and working with a respirator
- Willingness to work indoors and out in all weather conditions
- English proficiency, including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to commute to Newark, NJ, with driving privileges in good standing
- Ability to work between 7:00am-3:30pm or 3:30pm-midnight, or other shifts as business need dictates; with occasional overtime hours including weekends.
Employment is subject to the completion of due-diligence inquiries, including a background check and a pre-employment medical examination including a drug and alcohol screen, which will take place after a conditional offer is made.
New Jersey law prohibits employers from considering the criminal records of applicants for employment under certain circumstances.
- Associate’s Degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with ISO container maintenance and repair
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing concepts, methodologies, and techniques
- Fluency in English and Spanish languages
- A base salary commensurate with your qualifications, paid weekly
- Participation in our 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Performance-based variable compensation and a discretionary bonus program
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid Time Off (vacation/sick time) and holiday pay
- Training and development and career growth opportunities
- Leadership skills
- Positive attitude
- A proactive, collaborative work ethic
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written and listening
- Focus on quality
- Good time management coupled with flexibility
- The ability to work under pressure
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
Submit your resume to: email@example.com.
Providing “equal employment opportunity” is one of Interport’s most important personnel policies. Our goal is to do all that we realistically can to provide genuine equal employment opportunity, in every sense of the term, to applicants and employees in all phases of our operation.