Founded in 1969, Interport leads the container industry by creating lasting value and satisfaction. We operate a full-service depot and dedicated modification facility on 50 acres adjacent to the Port of NY and NJ, where we proudly employ and empower a diverse team of exceptional individuals committed to providing our customers superior products, services, and solutions.
We’re looking for a full-time, quality-focused team player to work as an Electrician in Interport’s dedicated container modification facility. The Electrician will wire outlets, HVAC, lights, and breaker panels per technical drawings to meet customer specifications, and test and troubleshoot electrical systems, all as directed by the Modification Shop Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read, interpret, and understand electrical schematics, blueprints, and drawings
- Install electrical wiring for outlets, HVAC, lights, and breaker panels
- Inspect electrical components and identify electrical problems using various testing devices
- Repair and replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures using hand- and power tools
- Understand and adhere to applicable regulations based on the National Electrical Code
- Perform quality work, individually and as a team member, with and without direct supervision
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Participate in and adhere to Interport’s safety and compliance programs
- Perform other duties from time to time, as required
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) credential
- Minimum two years’ experience working as an electrician
- Strong working knowledge of electrical techniques and methods
- Hands-on experience installing electrical systems including the ability to use hand- and power tools
- Ability to accurately read, interpret, and understand electrical schematics, blueprints, and drawings
- Availability to work weekdays between the hours of 7:00am and midnight, on either a morning or afternoon shift (7am-3:30pm or 3:30pm-midnight), with occasional overtime hours including weekends
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and sit, stand, or walk for extended periods
- Ability to commute to Interport’s location in Newark NJ, with driving privileges in good standing
Employment is subject to the completion of due-diligence inquiries, including a background check and a pre-employment medical examination including a drug and alcohol screen, which will take place after a conditional offer is made.
New Jersey law prohibits employers from considering the criminal records of applicants for employment under certain circumstances.
- Experience in container modification or equivalent field
- Fluency in English and Spanish languages
- A base hourly wage commensurate with your qualifications, paid weekly
- Participation in our 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Performance-based variable compensation and a discretionary bonus program
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid Time Off (vacation/sick time) and holiday pay
- Training and development and career growth opportunities
- A focus on quality
- A positive attitude
- A team-oriented work ethic
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Good judgment
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
Submit your resume to: email@example.com.
Providing “equal employment opportunity” is one of Interport’s most important personnel policies. Our goal is to do all that we realistically can to provide genuine equal employment opportunity, in every sense of the term, to applicants and employees in all phases of our operation.