Come work for a growing company with a brand new container modification facility!
Founded in 1969, Interport leads the container industry by creating lasting value and satisfaction. We operate a full-service depot and dedicated modification facility on 50 acres adjacent to the Port of NY and NJ, where we proudly employ and empower a diverse team of exceptional individuals committed to providing our customers superior products, services, and solutions.
We’re looking for a full-time, quality-focused team player to work as a Painter in Interport’s dedicated container modification facility. Working in and around the spray booth, the Painter will prepare surfaces and spray, roll, and brush industrial coatings onto the interiors and exteriors of steel containers as directed by the Modification Shop Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply coatings to various materials as per customer specifications and technical data
- Safely and efficiently operate Interport’s industrial spray booth
- Properly prepare surfaces for finishing using appropriate tools and techniques
- Accurately measure, calculate, record, and report on required materials and supplies
- Perform quality work, individually and as a team member, with and without direct supervision
- Make economical use of tools, materials, parts, and supplies in the Modification Shop and Spray Booth
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Participate in and adhere to Interport’s safety and compliance programs
- Perform other duties from time to time, as required
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) credential
- Minimum two years’ experience working as an industrial or commercial painter
- Strong working knowledge of painting techniques and methods, including prepping and finishing
- Availability to work weekdays between the hours of 7:00am and midnight, on either a morning or afternoon shift (7am-3:30pm or 3:30pm-midnight), with occasional overtime hours including weekends
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and sit, stand, or walk for extended periods
- Ability to commute to Interport’s location in Newark, NJ, with driving privileges in good standing
Employment is subject to the completion of due-diligence inquiries, including a background check and a pre-employment medical examination including a drug and alcohol screen, which will take place after a conditional offer is made.
New Jersey law prohibits employers from considering the criminal records of applicants for employment under certain circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to prep, paint, and finish metal surfaces, especially corrugated steel
- Previous experience operating industrial spray equipment
- Fluency in English and Spanish languages
- A base hourly wage commensurate with your qualifications, paid weekly
- Participation in our 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Performance-based variable compensation and a discretionary bonus program
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid Time Off (vacation/sick time) and holiday pay
- Training and development and career growth opportunities
- A focus on safety and quality
- A positive attitude
- A team-oriented work ethic
- Good organizational and time management skills
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing “equal employment opportunity” is one of Interport’s most important personnel policies. Our goal is to do all that we realistically can to provide genuine equal employment opportunity, in every sense of the term, to applicants and employees in all phases of our operation.