Founded in 1969, Interport leads the container industry by creating lasting value and satisfaction. We operate a full-service depot and dedicated modification facility on 50 acres adjacent to the Port of NY and NJ, where we proudly employ and empower a diverse team of exceptional individuals committed to providing our customers superior products, services, and solutions.
We’re looking for a full-time, quality-focused team player to work as a Carpenter-Framer in Interport’s dedicated container modification facility. The Carpenter-Framer will measure, cut, and assemble the framing lumber needed to fabricate, frame, and finish containers modified per technical drawings to meet customer specifications as directed by the Modification Shop Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Read, interpret, and understand blueprints, drawings, and sketches
- Build or assemble frames, doors, closets, counters, shelves, cabinets, windows, walls, and other items
- Accurately measure and calculate sizes and amounts of required materials and supplies
- Perform quality work, individually and as a team member, with and without direct supervision
- Make economical use of tools, materials, parts, and supplies in the Modification Shop and Paint Booth
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Participate in and adhere to Interport’s safety and compliance programs
- Perform other duties from time to time, as required
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) credential
- Minimum two years’ experience working as a carpenter
- Strong working knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods, including construction and installation
- Hands-on experience working with carpentry materials including the ability to use hand- and power tools
- Ability to accurately read blueprints and quickly perform basic math
- Availability to work weekdays between the hours of 7:00am and midnight, on either a morning or afternoon shift (7am-3:30pm or 3:30pm-midnight), with occasional overtime hours including weekends
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and sit, stand, or walk for extended periods
- Ability to commute to Interport’s location in Newark NJ, with driving privileges in good standing
Employment is subject to the completion of due-diligence inquiries, including a background check and a pre-employment medical examination incorporating a drug and alcohol screen, which will take place after a conditional offer is made..
New Jersey law prohibits employers from considering the criminal records of applicants for employment under certain circumstances.
- Other construction skills, including basic wiring
- Experience in container modification, metalworking, or equivalent field
- Fluency in English and Spanish languages
- A base hourly wage commensurate with your qualifications, paid weekly
- Participation in our 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Performance-based variable compensation and a discretionary bonus program
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid Time Off (vacation/sick time) and holiday pay
- Training and development and career growth opportunities
- Good manual dexterity
- A focus on safety and quality
- A positive attitude
- A team-oriented work ethic
- Good organizational and time management skills
INTERESTED in joining our team?
Apply online or submit your resume to: email@example.com
Providing “equal employment opportunity” is one of Interport’s most important personnel policies. Our goal is to do all that we realistically can to provide genuine equal employment opportunity, in every sense of the term, to applicants and employees in all phases of our operation.