About Interport Maintenance Co., Inc.
Founded in 1969, Interport sells new and used intermodal shipping containers from its full-service depot on 70 acres located in the industrial sector adjacent to the Port of New York and New Jersey. Leveraging its longstanding supply relationships with leading container manufacturers, lessors, and shipping lines, Interport trades as a principal, maintaining a large inventory of containers in stock at its own depot and available for immediate delivery in quantities large or small.
Interport’s depot serves many of the world’s leading container leasing companies, resellers, and steamship lines. Interport’s affiliate, 635 Secure Parking, operates a 24/7/365 secure facility where trucking companies park their loaded and empty trailers and wheeled intermodal containers.
Some of Interport's capacities and capabilities include:
- Quality repairs, storage, and other depot services
- 70-acre facility adjacent to Port Newark/Elizabeth
- Flexible storage capacity of approximately 20,000 TEU
- Fully-equipped depot offices
- Proprietary Interport Depot System (IDS), providing 24/7 customer access via IDS Web